On May 17, 2000, the Ontario legislature passed the Arthur Wishart Act, 2000 (the “Franchise Act“). The Franchise Act contains a series of rules and regulations that must be strictly followed. Our lawyers provide counsel to prospective franchisees and franchisors in evaluating franchising opportunities, discussing critical legal issues and negotiating the key agreements. Further, our lawyers have expertise in developing franchises and distribution networks, drafting, reviewing and negotiating all forms of franchise agreements.
We assist our clients in all aspects of franchising law, including:
- Buying or Selling a Franchise;
- Establishing a Franchise system (to become a Franchisor);
- Conducting due diligence of a Franchisor on behalf on a prospective Franchisee;
- Drafting and reviewing franchise, licence, distributorship and dealer agreements, and all related documentation;
- Drafting Franchise Agreements and Disclosure document required under Ontario Law.